That's why we like to get our hands in the dirt
The final outcome of a surfacing project hinges on the care invested in prep work. From the position of the drainage pipes and underground utilities to the slope of the final surface, every detail impacts the end result. While some contractors may skimp on the front end, ASI never will.
Hire ASI for your grading and we assure you the subsurface will be prepped for the best possible outcome. You'll get years of use and the best return on your paving-dollars investment.
Here's what we do to properly prepare your subsurface:
Before we lay paving, the project area must be free of debris. ASI is committed to recycling and reuse of materials wherever possible for environmentally friendly project outcomes.
- Brush, shrubs and other organic debris removed and mulched
- Current asphalt and concrete demolished and recycled
- Structures and other debris cleared as needed
Grading and Sloping
Once the area is cleared and grubbed, ASI digs in. The pre-surface foundation starts with preparing for utilities below the ground and ends with a smooth, even stage on which to lay asphalt or concrete.
- Rough grading establishes the streets, pads, slopes, curbs and walkways before the utilities are installed. With a clear plan determined by surveyors, we go to work making it a reality. Getting in the dirt is our passion. Getting you a property ready to build on is our result.
- Drainage Runoff from stormwater is on our minds when ASI prepares to pave your lot. You don't want to hire a cut-rate paving company only to find out at the next big rain that your customers have to wade through five inches of water to get to your door! Our engineer coordinate with the surveyors who draw up specifications that routes storm runoff appropriately, grading for optional drainiagenot matter how torrential the downpour.
- Leveling: Closely associated with drainage, levelling includes soil testing and filling to avoid ruts and elevation differences that can impact the longevity of your paved surface through weather and use. Areas of soft soil can be mixed with aggregates and high points ground down to ensure the final surface is level and smooth for years to come.
- Fine grading: After utilities are laid, ASI preps the surface for final use, whether that's laying of asphalt, pouring concrete, building retaining walls, or landscaping.
- Laying the subsurface: The knowledge and experience of the ASI project managers means they understand soil types with settling and shifting over the life of the surface. Each ASI project is custom engineered to optimize the functionality and longevity of your asphalt or concrete surface, even after years of use.
Every project is unique, so every ASI solution is customized
ASI layers an aggregate base made up of sand, gravel, and pulverized asphalt in varying thickness and coarseness dependant on the soil configuration of your property. Because ASI knows the area and how the soil will react with weather and use, we create a subsurface that will withstand the test of time. This vital step is the key to a smooth and level parking lot or walkway, free of dips and humps.
Ready, set, get the best return on your paving-dollars investment with ASI.
Once the subsurface is prepared, ASI is ready for the final step – laying asphalt and/or pouring concrete.
With ASI's hand in the dirt doing the prep and grading work, you can be assured your subsurface will be prepared properly to give you years of use and the best return on your paving or concrete-dollars investment.